by Barry Norman
by Barry Norman
Raising funds to pay for digital projector system, including projector, software, screen and digital processor and installation.
Use the WishList to contribute cash and loan items - OR - Make a contribution by selecting an incentive directly.
$10USD• Pledging $10 or more gets you recognition on our website - www.eveningstarcinema.com; a handwritten thank you note and one free, large popcorn.
Claimed: 29 of 'Unlimited'
· Pledging $25 gets you a small popcorn and beverage once/month for 1 year, a handwritten thank you note and web recognition.
Claimed: 48 of 'Unlimited'
· Pledging $50 gets you one backer T-shirt, two free drinks, free large popcorn, the thank you note, one second of 35mm film from a trailer, and web recognition.
Claimed: 50 of 'Unlimited'
· Pledging $75 gets you one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer shirt, two free drinks, free large popcorn, the thank you note, one second of film, and web recognition. If you're already an Eveningstar Cinema member, you can use this as a renewal and we'll tack another year onto your membership.
Claimed: 10 of 'Unlimited'
· Pledging $100 gets you two year-long (or one two-year long) Eveningstar Cinema memberships two of the backer t-shirts, the thank-you note, and web recognition.
Claimed: 66 of 'Unlimited'
· Pledging $150 gets you your own slide in our movie preshow which plays before every movie for one week. This can be a silly slide of you similar to our employee slides, or it can be used to advertise your local business, blog, upcoming event, band, or anything else you want people to see. This also includes one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, one movie poster and web recognition.
Claimed: 4 of 'Unlimited'
· The first option for pledging $250 "buys" you one of our new seats. We'll put your name on a plaque and let you come in and pick out which seat you want it and we'll attach it on there forever! This reward also gets you the preshow slide, one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, one movie poster and web recognition.
Claimed: 15 of 'Unlimited'
· If you pledge $1000 you get one movie party in any time slot any day of the week! This reward also gets you the preshow slide, one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, two movie posters and web recognition.
Claimed: 1 of 'Unlimited'
· Pledge $1500 and you get one LIFETIME Eveningstar Cinema membership, your name on a seat, the preshow slide, one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership (to give to a friend), one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, 5 movie posters and web recognition.
Claimed: 0 of 5
· And, the granddaddy of all rewards, if you pledge $10,000 you get to pick your favorite movie and we'll play it at the Eveningstar Cinema, during the prime set, every day for an entire week! So, if your favorite movie is, let's say, The King’s Speech, we'll get hold of The Weinstein Company, schedule some shows, advertise the shows, and sell tickets to the public to come see it. We'll even let you come in and introduce the movie before any or every screening if you'd like. You can talk about why it is your favorite movie and why you picked it and everything. It is your chance to impose you taste in movies on Brunswick in the same way that we do all the time! This is conditional on the availability of a movie to book however. If we can't book your first favorite movie for whatever reason, we'll just have to book your second or third. You also get a ton of other stuff: one LIFETIME Eveningstar Cinema membership, one anytime Eveningstar Cinema movie party, your name on a seat, one ticket to the Seed&Spark after party, the custom backer slide, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn,, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, ten movie posters and the web recognition.
Claimed: 0 of 2
About The Project
I actually am a filmmaker, but this is for my movie theater - Eveningstar Cinema. The money raised through this campaign will not only pay for the digital projector system, but also allow me to acquire a local church and convert it into a two-screen theater with restaurant/brew-pub, thus allowing me to create an international film festival, and to continue delivering many more of the independent films that this site is helping to fund. A win-win if there ever was one.
About This Team
Barry Norman - owner, Eveningstar Cinema: Award-winning filmmaker; film festival founder; creator/writer/producer of nationally, syndicated, alternative music show Cross Currents; Information Manager for Atlanta, Sydney, Salt Lake City, Athens, Torino and Beijiing Olympics.
Jen Smith - video producer/shooter/editor - Jen is a producer, director, videographer and editor. She loves inspiring and thought-provoking cinematic stories and the transformative effect they can have on an individual. In 2001 she decided to follow that passion and began working in various positions on feature films, documentaries, regional, national and international TV commercials, corporate videos and non-profit videos, predominantly in Maine and California. In the early 2000s, she was also involved with the Maine theater community as director, actor and stage manager and credits her experience in theater as enhancing her filmmaking career. She worked nearly ten years for Catama Productions learning the ins and outs of Maine-based video production before creating MCP. Besides running her own production company, Jen enjoys collaborating with other film professionals on their own independent films, documentaries and videos.