Our ENHANCEMENT Wishlist
|Item Image||Item Name||Price||Quantity|
10' X 14' screen
digital projection requires a high reflective screen for quality.
|$10.00 per unit||
49 of 500
10' X 14' screen
digital projection requires a highly reflective screen
|$15.00 per unit||
-978 of 1,000
Barco 2P2K-S Series digital projector
Movie theaters must have digital projectors to show films now. 35 mm has been eliminated.
|$50.00 per unit||
22 of 250
Digital Sound processor
Digital films must be filtered through a digital processor in order for audio/surround sound to work
|$50.00 per unit||
10 of 250
Doremi software ingests, schedules and enables digital films to be projected.
|$50.00 per unit||
7 of 250
$ 10 or more
$ 25 or more
· Pledging $25 gets you a small popcorn and beverage once/month for 1 year, a handwritten thank you note and web recognition.
$ 50 or more
· Pledging $50 gets you one backer T-shirt, two free drinks, free large popcorn, the thank you note, one second of 35mm film from a trailer, and web recognition.
$ 75 or more
· Pledging $75 gets you one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer shirt, two free drinks, free large popcorn, the thank you note, one second of film, and web recognition. If you're already an Eveningstar Cinema member, you can use this as a renewal and we'll tack another year onto your membership.
$ 100 or more
· Pledging $100 gets you two year-long (or one two-year long) Eveningstar Cinema memberships two of the backer t-shirts, the thank-you note, and web recognition.
$ 150 or more
· Pledging $150 gets you your own slide in our movie preshow which plays before every movie for one week. This can be a silly slide of you similar to our employee slides, or it can be used to advertise your local business, blog, upcoming event, band, or anything else you want people to see. This also includes one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, one movie poster and web recognition.
$ 175 or more
· The first option for pledging $250 "buys" you one of our new seats. We'll put your name on a plaque and let you come in and pick out which seat you want it and we'll attach it on there forever! This reward also gets you the preshow slide, one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, one movie poster and web recognition.
$ 1000 or more
· If you pledge $1000 you get one movie party in any time slot any day of the week! This reward also gets you the preshow slide, one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, two movie posters and web recognition.
$ 1500 or more
· Pledge $1500 and you get one LIFETIME Eveningstar Cinema membership, your name on a seat, the preshow slide, one year-long Eveningstar Cinema membership (to give to a friend), one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, 5 movie posters and web recognition.
$ 10000 or more
· And, the granddaddy of all rewards, if you pledge $10,000 you get to pick your favorite movie and we'll play it at the Eveningstar Cinema, during the prime set, every day for an entire week! So, if your favorite movie is, let's say, The King’s Speech, we'll get hold of The Weinstein Company, schedule some shows, advertise the shows, and sell tickets to the public to come see it. We'll even let you come in and introduce the movie before any or every screening if you'd like. You can talk about why it is your favorite movie and why you picked it and everything. It is your chance to impose you taste in movies on Brunswick in the same way that we do all the time! This is conditional on the availability of a movie to book however. If we can't book your first favorite movie for whatever reason, we'll just have to book your second or third. You also get a ton of other stuff: one LIFETIME Eveningstar Cinema membership, one anytime Eveningstar Cinema movie party, your name on a seat, one ticket to the Seed&Spark after party, the custom backer slide, one backer t-shirt, two drinks, one popcorn,, the handwritten thank you note, the second of film, ten movie posters and the web recognition.
I actually am a filmmaker, but this is for my movie theater - Eveningstar Cinema. The money raised through this campaign will not only pay for the digital projector system, but also allow me to acquire a local church and convert it into a two-screen theater with restaurant/brew-pub, thus allowing me to create an international film festival, and to continue delivering many more of the independent films that this site is helping to fund. A win-win if there ever was one.
Brunswick, Maine, rest of the world, we need your help. Movie distributors and studios are forced us to to upgrade from our classic, 1960, Italian 35mm projector to digital or else they would have stopped providing us with movies to show! As you might imagine, this is very pricey. For the new projector and sound system, we’re going to have to raise 50 thousand dollars! This will enable us to stay open in the short term. Meaning - without it, we will have to close. We already have a chain 10 screentheater in our zone (within 10 miles) and Eveningstar Cinema serves an active niche within the community and beyond - people who love truly independent, foreign and art-house films. Without the digital projector system - we are cooked, finito, that's all , folks.
The long term is another story.
Eventually, Eveningstar Cinema must get more screens. With only one screen, we are tied into the grosses of that film. But more crucial, we have no leverage with the distributors to get many of the films you want to see. Theatrical releases are in a shorter window than ever, and the large, multi-plex theaters are booking the type of films we often show here, even though they often can’t out gross us. They don’t care – they just need content. And when you have over 3000 screens nationwide, you get what you want. More screens will give us more clout to pry back some of these films. But located in a mall as we are, we have no place to expand. What to do?
We are hoping to buy another building located in downtown Brunswick and convert it into a twin-screen theater. The building has room for a restaurant and we already have interest from one of Maine’s top restaurateurs. Think of it. We keep the Eveningstar Cinema you have grown to love and expand by adding a second, Brunswick location. The additional screens mean no more being bypassed for many of the films we want. It means we can create an first class, international film festival and have other film-related events. It’s the best of all possible worlds!!
But that is all a pipe dreaqm unless we exist now. That's why, it's so important for our digital projection system to happen. We need your help!!!
So what’s the plan moving forward? We need to succeed with this Seed&Spark campaign! We need your help though. Eveningstar Cinema has already been in business since 1979; please donate what you so we can stay around for much, much longer.
Thank you for caring, and we’ll see you at the movies.
Owner – Eveningstar Cinema
Barry Norman - owner, Eveningstar Cinema: Award-winning filmmaker; film festival founder; creator/writer/producer of nationally, syndicated, alternative music show Cross Currents; Information Manager for Atlanta, Sydney, Salt Lake City, Athens, Torino and Beijiing Olympics.
Jen Smith - video producer/shooter/editor - Jen is a producer, director, videographer and editor. She loves inspiring and thought-provoking cinematic stories and the transformative effect they can have on an individual. In 2001 she decided to follow that passion and began working in various positions on feature films, documentaries, regional, national and international TV commercials, corporate videos and non-profit videos, predominantly in Maine and California. In the early 2000s, she was also involved with the Maine theater community as director, actor and stage manager and credits her experience in theater as enhancing her filmmaking career. She worked nearly ten years for Catama Productions learning the ins and outs of Maine-based video production before creating MCP. Besides running her own production company, Jen enjoys collaborating with other film professionals on their own independent films, documentaries and videos.
Hi Everyone. If you live in the vicinity of the theater, you can pick up your perks at anytime, except for the t-shirt, which will take a little longer to produce. If you are from "away" (as Mainers are wont to say), please e-mail me your address so I can get your goodies in the mail toot sweet.
Barry & Scooter
Well, we made it. With your help, we made it. We are so grateful to everyone that supported and contributed, that words can't express our...
With one more day to the campaign, and our being right on the threshhold of success, I wanted to thank everyone who contributed and to those wh...
Eveningstar Cinema has a large and wonderful contingent of mature adults in our customer base, many of whom are not tech savvy, and so have been...
After this weekend, it's Monday and then 5 PM Tuesday and this crowd funding journey will end. It's been a ton of work trying to get the word out...
We made crowd funder of the week in MovieMaker Magazine!!!!
Hello Friends of Eveningstar Cinema.
The campaign is almost over and we are ever so close. So I thought this would be a good time to show...
With this being the final week of the campaign, I wish I had something like the "Crazy Eddie" commercials for the final pitch. Alas, I don't. What...
Last year, indie icon director/author Rick Schmidt and I set about to shoot our 4th film together - "Sticky Wicket." It was shot mostly at my...
With 11 days left, we have finally found someone willing to make a significant contribution, based on where we are by Wednesday, September 25. If...