February 4, 2016
Seed&Spark has a long (3 year) tradition of getting the smartest, coolest people together to do the smartest, coolest things. At Sundance this year, we outdid ourselves. While we were in Park City, the Seed&Spark team hosted the Innovators' Brunch, which included a unique trio of live-streamed panels sponsored by Teradek, WEVR, Seed&Spark, Frame.io, and No Film School.
This was an incredible amount of work and an incredible amount of fun, and I'd like to thank my team for doing the heavy lifting, our amazing sponsors who made it possible, the brilliant panelists for sharing their time on the mountain, and the awesome people who attended, spread the word about the event, and kept the conversations going. How's about we do it again next year?
Enjoy the panels!
PANEL 1: "How Not to Waste a Dime on Your Independent Film"
- Eve Cohen, cinematographer, THE VISITOR (Slamdance 2016)
- Ryan Koo, writer/director, creator of NO FILM SCHOOL
- Mark Polish, director, TWIN FALLS IDAHO, JACKPOT, NORTHFORK
- Eric Johnson, VP of Sound + Engagement, Trailblazers Studios
- Moderator: Emily Best, CEO, Seed&Spark
PANEL 2: "Will VR Kill Film?"
- Saschka Unseld, Head of the Oculus Story Studio
- Jessica Brillhart, Principle VR filmmaker at Google
- Luis Blackaller, Technical Art Director, WEVR
- James Kaelan, creator THE VISITOR (Slamdance 2016)
- Moderator: Ryan Koo, Creator of NO FILM SCHOOL
PANEL 3: "Under $100K: The Key to Success or Starvation?"
- Meera Menon, EQUITY (Dramatic Competition, Sundance 2016)
- Kerem Sanga, FIRST GIRL I LOVED (NEXT, Sundance 2016)
- Matt Johnson & Matt Miller, THE DIRTIES (winner Grand Jury Prize, Slamdance 2013); OPERATION AVALANCHE (NEXT, Sundance 2016)
- Moderator: James Kaelan, editor-in-chief, BRIGHT IDEAS Magazine
Want to see more from Seed&Spark? Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on events!