Seed&Spark Updates#UntoldStory Update: Next Steps for Building the American Dream
May 31, 2017
Hey, you guys - wanna know what's up with our #UntoldStory Documentary Crowdfunding Rally winner Chelsea Hernandez? Well, you're in luck, because we just got some updates. Special shout out to our rally partner Project Greenlight, who continues to be an amazing source of support and inspiration.
- Due to Trump and the Governor of Texas’ formation of new anti-immigrant laws, immigrants livelihoods are at stake.
- We were awarded a Public Media Content Fund from Latino Public Broadcasting shortly after the UntoldStory Contest win. They will help negotiate a PBS broadcast.
- We have a new executive director and consulting producer, Marcy Garriott. Marcy has been directing and producing award-winning documentary films throughout the past decade covering issues of race, poverty and immigration. She comes to the project with a passion for the immigrant community and strong experience in producing.
- Iliana Sosa will be joining the team as Producer and Impact Producer. A native of El Paso, Texas, Iliana has been studying and working in the filmmaking realm in Los Angeles, California, and Austin, Texas for the past 10 years. We are excited to have her innovative and creative mindset on board to develop a strong impact campaign that will correspond with the film’s release.
- Primary filming has been completed. There are a few pickups that need to be done, but the majority of filming is done.
- We are assembling a rough cut to be completed by the end of the summer
- I was selected as a doc lab fellow for Firelight Media. (I saw Erica Anderson (of Seed&Spark) at our New Orleans retreat in October!) This has led to new opportunities in regards to meeting funders and gaining valuable advice to move the project forward.
Chelsea's film is needed more than ever. YOUR films are needed more than ever. Find out how to grab extra perks from G-Technology, Final Draft, The Black List, and more when you launch an inclusive project on Seed&Spark.