Hey, I'm Elliat!
Elliat Graney-Saucke is a media artist, event manager, cultural researcher, documentarian, network enthusiast, curator, heritage innovator and storyteller.
Since 2000, Elliat has been directing and producing media in the US and abroad throughContrast Vision Productions. Beginning media production education at the Evergreen State College at age 14, she has produced a body of over twenty short films and one completed feature. Currently in production are two feature documentary films, Boys on the Inside and Art Heart: Children of Riot Grrrl and Beyond, as well as two short films, Queer Tiny and Militia Etheridge. She has produced films in the US, Germany, Denmark, England, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Italy and Canada, with films screenings in over thirteen countries. Elliat also currently teaches film with Reel Grrls, Coyote Central, Northwest Film Forum and Three Dollar Bill Cinema, as well as being on a steering committee for Seattle Documentary Association.
While based in Berlin, Germany from 2009-2015, Elliat gained a Masters Degree in World Heritage Studies as well as founding / directing / curating the transdisciplinary conference Innovate Heritage: Conversations between Arts and Heritage. With participants from forty five countries and organizational partners such as the German Commission for UNESCO, British Council, Brandenburg University of Technology and Oriental Heritage Without Borders, Innovate Heritagehas since bloomed into a Berlin-Seattle based international research platform. Her academic research and project management experience in the performing arts led to her work as an Evaluation & Documentation Research Consultant since 2014 with Professor Paul Bonin-Rodriguez, on a multi-media organizational report on the National Performance Network (NPN). Since returning to the Seattle, she held the position of Production & Communications Manager for Pat Graney Company as well as joining the steering committees of local and national professional development networks S.A.L.T. (Seattle Arts Leadership Team), Next Generation National Arts Network, and the Women’s Working Group.
Awards | Residencies:
- Fellow | Millay Artist Colony Residency, Artist Trust – 2016
- smArt Ventures Grant, Seattle Office of Arts and Culture – 2016
- Guest Artist in Residence, Hypatia Artist Residency – 2016
- Erasmus Scholarship, European Commission – 2013
- Wir für Demokratie / We for Democracy, Mayor of Cottbus (Germany) – 2013
- Guest Artist in Residence, University of Saarbrücken – 2010
- Individual Artist Grant, 4Culture – 2009
- Project Grant, Pride Foundation – 2008
- Guest Artist in Residence, University of Vienna – 2007
- Leadership Fellow, Washington State Department of Health – 2004, 2007
- Guest Artist in Residence, University of Minnesota – 2006
- Art for Social Change, Lifelong Aids Alliance – 2004
- Scholarship, GSBA – 2004
- Cherry Award, Seattle LGBT Community Center – 2004
- Video Artist Residency, DiverseWorks – 2002
Boys on the Inside
Boys on the Inside is a feature documentary about ‘boy’ culture in women’s prisons in Washington State.
Projects I'm Supporting
Together, we can create the world we want to live in.
F*ck Yes Series
F*ck Yes! is what affirmative consent sounds like. Sex made hotter. SoSFW (sort of Safe For Work.)
Pieces Season 3 Web Series
Pieces is about a group of girls from Brooklyn NY who discovers this secret world of Credit card scamming.
Jasmine, the new counselor at a Juvenile Drug Treatment Center, struggles to mentor a colorful crew of teenage drug addicts.
During the First World War, an unflinching young woman is determined to defy traditional roles by becoming a night watchman on the railroad.