How It All Works
Before you begin, make sure to get the Seed&Spark Handbook. This has really important tips and guidance on how to run a successful crowdfunding campaign, from message testing to your pitch video. Memorize it.
- STEP 1: Use Start a Project to submit your campaign. Check out our Partner offerings for your WishList—you might want to include a Sponsored item!
Receive feedback from a real person! We really want you to succeed.
- STEP 2: Make improvements and edit your campaign based on feedback.
- STEP 3: Submit your banking info ( US only ) and W-2 so we can pay you!
- STEP 4: Prep your outreach materials, including emails, updates, social media posts. Reference our Seed&Spark Handbook lots.
Your campaign goes in for final review… and gets approved! Hooray!
During the Campaign
- Your audience makes pledges because they’re inspired by your amazing project, either in cash or through WishList loans.
- Gather followers during your campaign to unlock incredible rewards and distribution access.
- Raise at least 80% of your goal.
Afterwards: Getting That Money!
- You get your funds, less our fees, within seven business days after the campaign closes.
- You’ll receive a 1099 at the end of the year for funds raised.
- Take that money raised and make your film on your terms. We’re behind you 100%.
You made a movie! Now what?
If you run a successful crowdfunding campaign and gather 500 followers or more, congratulations! You are automatically eligible for a one-on-one distribution strategy consultation with Seed&Spark.
If you didn’t crowdfund through Seed&Spark, but have gathered at least 500 followers through a crowdfunding campaign or social media, we would be happy to consider your film.
To Submit for Consideration:
- Download our deliverables checklist so you can start prepping.
- Submit your film.
- We are totally transparent with you in terms of our pricing with the labs and our splits with the platforms. What we know, you'll know.
- If your film is accepted, we’ll collaborate with you on the best release date and strategy based on your needs and our expertise. Welcome to the family.